Tuesday, July 7, 2009

on michael...

It is now I see and feel that calling once again,
to be a part of music that will not just connect,
but make all feel one- one in joy, one in pain, one in love.
one in service and in consciousness. ---Michael Joseph Jackson

it is usually said that it's better late than never, but if ever there was a time to disprove everything we think we know... this is it. truthfully I woulda preferred to never have had to write this, late or otherwise. but alas we are here. took a while because i put myself in exile for 20 days and 20 nights and because for a woman who has never stopped talking- i had nothing appropriate enough to say.

in a conversation with mr. crawford last night, he said, 'hate is the new love.' a phrase i been using but never really heard it explained quite the way he did. he said, in the days of Michael, Whitney, etc... it was always about love. I need love. I want love. I will always love you. they were driven by it. and now, music, musicians are fueled by hate. You can hate me now. To all the hataz. I do it for the hataz. we are defined by how many people hate us, rather than by how many loved us.
so that is why i build my itunes backwards.

5 days ago though, we loved like we did in the 80s. three generations remembered the time when we first met- LOVE. my six year old niece asked about smooth criminal- my favorite MJ video. we remembered my brother's MJ dancing party service-- they did a routine at my sister's sweet 16 and everyone else's parties, talent shows, etc. My father said he couldn't sleep after finding out. And me? In the middle of the dance floor at cafe iguanas... i took his advice. laid my 9-5 on the shelf... and LIVED. thought it started raining, but it was just my tears.

6/30/09 via righteousbabygirls.blogspot.com (my home blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment