Tuesday, July 7, 2009

inches.

at night i watch you sleep
and to my surprise, when you open your eyes,
i still don't break my stare.
i'm here, you're there, and the years between us
are now just inches of heavy breathing
i listen to you speaking
each breath has me remembering
in our pasts i saw a future and
i adore you so confidently
i often struggle with what to do between
respirations.
you are my reparation
everything i get back from years of degradation
unappreciation, misappropriation of love.
now I am free.
to gaze at the man God made me for
the one God saved me for
i keep imagining
a different way to tell you i love you
but none of the words ever seem to be enough...
the I can't describe who I was when we met
and who i'll be when we separate long enough to go on to our next lives.
the you doesn't begin to reflect the many faces i've grown accustomed to
despite all the things we've been through,
the one i remember best is your smile.
and love...
love will never be enough cause it'll always be between us
and i won't separate our destiny
your strides are so big because you walked across galaxies to get to me
you fill my cup- you're only bringing out the best in me
and when i stretch across jupiter to hold your hand
i'm only showing my flexibility
my ability
to deal with irregularity
knowing if i were situated similarly
you'd be right there with me
illuminating my celestial body
hop scotching across coma berenices
-you carry my burdens and place them among the stars
my constellation prize
you reward me for just being here
i was Ayyub in my past life
and light years later
i finally understand
that despite my beginning
i shall enjoy my end
and appreciate the faith you restored it with
at night you watch me sleep...
and to my surprise when I open my eyes
you still don't break your stare...
you're there, i'm here
and the light years between us
are now just inches.of.heavy.breathing

No comments:

Post a Comment